Germ Warfare: The High-Stakes Battle Happening Right Under Your Fingertips!
Let's be honest—there are two kinds of clean: surfaces that look clean, and surfaces that are clean. High-Touch Points, or HTPs, should be your top concern. We're talking about doorknobs, light switches, keyboards - think about all the things people touch frequently in a facility. You get the picture.
What you can't see! The Startling Facts You Need to Know
Time to spill some serious tea—or should we say, bacteria—on high-touch points (HTP) in your facility. Prepare for some jaw-dropping—and maybe a bit stomach-turning—facts about these seemingly innocent surfaces.
The Dirty Deets on High-Touch Points
HTP's are like the social butterflies of your facility; everyone interacts with them! But, these popular items are also celebrity hotspots for bacteria and viruses.
What Kind of Bacteria Are We Talking About?
Staphylococcus Aureus: This one loves hanging out on doorknobs and can lead to skin infections and even pneumonia.
E. Coli: Found commonly on bathroom fixtures, E. Coli can lead to gastrointestinal issues.
Influenza Virus: Yep, the flu virus can survive on surfaces for hours and is often found on shared office equipment like keyboards and phones.
- 72% of folks don't wash their hands post-public restrooms (shoutout to the Global Hygiene Council). Yikes!
- The CDC states up to 80% of common infections are transmitted by hands. This makes high-touch points a critical target for disease transmission.
- A study showed that 25% of water fountain buttons were contaminated with norovirus. Thirsty yet?
What is HTP Cleaning?
HTP cleaning is all about giving these areas some extra love and care, making sure they’re not just neat to the naked eye but are actually sanitized.
Why Should You Use HTP Cleaning?
For Business Owners:
- Peace of Mind: With HTP cleaning, rest assured you're protecting both clients and employees, making your facility a healthier place.
- Unbeatable Quality: It's not just about looking clean—it's about ensuring a sanitized environment that fosters employee health and wellbeing.
- Enhanced Reputation: When you prioritize cleanliness to this extent, clients and employees alike take note. A cleaner facility translates to a healthier staff and more satisfied customers.
- Increase Your Value: Offering HTP cleaning services can set you apart from the competition.
- Upsell Opportunity: A comprehensive cleaning package that includes HTP cleaning? Sounds like a win-win!
- Client Satisfaction: Happier clients mean more business, and more business means—you guessed it—more dough!
How is HTP Cleaning Achieved? Grab your lab goggles; things are about to get scientific!
Swab and Test:
For HTP Cleaning to be effective, it’s crucial to test surfaces for cleanliness. Here's how it's typically done:
- Swabbing: A sterile swab is rubbed over the high-touch surface.
- Testing: The swab is then placed in a device that measures Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP), the energy molecule that is present in all animal, plant, bacterial, yeast, and mold cells.
The ATP readings give immediate feedback on the cleanliness level, allowing adjustments to be made on the spot if necessary.
What Numbers Are We Talking About?
The ATP results are usually measured in Relative Light Units (RLU). Here's a quick cheat sheet:
0-10 RLU: Germ-free paradise. It's as clean as a baby's giggle.
11-30 RLU: Doing good, but could use a once-over.
31-100 RLU: Danger zone! Pull out the cleaning artillery!!
(For verified RLU data, consult ATP device manufacturer guidelines and industry-specific studies, as acceptable RLU levels can vary depending on your facility type and industry.)
The Bottom Line: Numbers Don't Lie
Regular HTP testing ensures that your facility isn’t just looking clean, but is clean on a cellular level. You might say it’s the difference between taking a selfie with a filter and having clear skin in real life—both are nice, but one is definitely better.
So now you know! The science of HTP Cleaning is more than a once-over with a wet cloth. It’s a rigorous, science-backed protocol that leaves no germ unturned. And, of course, with Peazy's Smart Match Technology, you can easily find vendors who specialize in this.
For business owners, selecting vendors who have these kinds of specialized skills or certifications can give you added peace of mind. You’re not just hiring someone to wipe down surfaces; you’re hiring an expert in the field.
If you're a vendor looking to up your game, undergoing formal training in HTP cleaning and getting certified can certainly make you more attractive to businesses seeking high-quality, reliable services.
Remember, with Peazy, you can easily check out vendors’ qualifications and reviews, making your decision that much...you guessed it, Peazier!
If you are a vendor looking to become a Peazy Pro service provider on our platform, click here.
If you are a business owner, office manager, property manager or are otherwise the person that seeks to find service providers for your business, click here.